Local agencies and individuals are helping a large family who fled Hurricane Irma. The mother and 10 children were also victims of domestic violence. They first bunked with family in California and have recently arrived in Tucson with nothing. Thanks to Compass Affordable Housing and other social service agencies, they now have a house and some essentials like beds and kitchen basics. But they still need the following listed below.
- Children's books, games and toys (the children range from infant to 16)
- Mixing/serving spoons, cutting board, vegetable peeler, can opener, etc.
- Large and small waste baskets and plastic bags
- Table and floor lamps
- Bassinet and baby items
- Washing machine
- Television – a really helpful device with so many children!
- Couch and comfy chairs
- Book cases/desk
- Computer and printer
- A vehicle or volunteer to help transport large donations
If you can help this struggling family, please call Charlotte Keller at 520-304-1686.